Traveling with a 1-, 2-, or 3-year-old toddler to Disney World? Character meals, meet-and-greets, parades and fireworks are all things that kids and adults of any age can experience. But what about real, actual rides? Here’s our list of top attractions for toddlers at Disney World.
Much of what’s toddler-friendly at Magic Kingdom resides in Fantasyland. Start your day out here, then take a ride on the railroad and the magic carpets!
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – Fantasyland
- “it’s a small world” – Fantasyland
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Fantasyland
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Fantasyland
- Mad Tea Party – Fantasyland
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Fantasyland
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Fantasyland
- Country Bear Jamboree – Frontierland
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin – Tomorrowland
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor – Tomorrowland
- Tomorrowland transit Authority Peoplemover – Tomorrowland
- Astro Orbiter – Tomorrowland
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – Adventureland
Much of Epcot is geared toward thrill-seekers and adults. But there are still some attractions that your toddlers will love.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Spaceship Earth
- Living with the Land
- Circle of Life
- Gran Fiesta Tour
Loud noises like fireworks can turn a toddler into a tantrum. Consider bringing kid-friendly ear-plugs or noise cancelling ear-muffs.
At Animal Kingdom:
Animal Kingdom is very toddler-friendly. Take time to see all the animals, and see these attractions:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Finding Nemo the Musical
- Festival of the Lion King
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- TriceraTop Spin in Dinoland U.S.A.
- The Boneyard in Dinoland U.S.A.
- Conservation Station and Affection Section– take the Wildlife Express Train to meet animal experts and experience a petting zoo!
At Hollywood Studios:
Much of the rides at Hollywood Studios are for big kids and adults — but there’s still much to do! Take your toddlers to these:
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Jim Henson’s Muppet*Vision 3-D
- Disney Junior — Live on Stage!
- Toy Story Mania
- “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” Movie Set Adventure
If you’d like to know more about visiting Disney World with toddlers, our friends at WDW Strollers have put together a FREE email guide to teach you all about it. Just sign up for their mailing list in the box to the right and they’ll send you the guide, plus other valuable information to make your Disney World trip a complete success.